Relationships can be deeply satisfying and can also be a great place for healing and personal growth.
There is a universal tendency for people to want to bond with others – romantically, with family and with friends. That’s why most people are driven to build close, secure and trusting relationships throughout their lives.
However unhealthy relationships or being single for a long time can be a source of stress, anxiety and depression and sometimes it’s difficult to know which is contributing to which. Talking to a psychologist may help you understand what’s going on and how to deal with things in a healthy way.
Common issues in relationships and how counselling can help
- Understanding and managing complex relationship dynamics at home and work
- Building better relationships with your partner, step-children, in-laws, family, colleagues
- Working out whether to stay in a relationship or leave
- Learning to speak up for yourself
- Better communication
- Liking yourself, knowing your worth
- Sexual and emotional intimacy issues
- Internet porn
- Coping with break-ups
- Forming new and healthy relationships
If you would like to find out more about my counselling services, contact me by phone or email.