Anxiety can leave us feeling overwhelmed and unable to function as we normally would.
Stress is a normal response to pressure and gives us energy to meet challenges in everyday life. However, stress that lasts a long time or is too overwhelming, can affect our ability to cope and we can feel anxious, tense, depressed and burnt out. Sometimes, people might use alcohol, drugs or sex to try to manage uncomfortable feelings.
Common symptoms or signs of anxiety and stress
- Obsessive thinking
- Worrying about things continuously
- Burn out, exhaustion, break-down
- Feeling restless or agitated
- Problems concentrating
- Dry mouth, racing heart
- Feeling like there’s a lump in your throat, difficulty swallowing
- Nervous energy, difficulty winding down
- Feeling impatient
- Scared without apparent reason
- Panic attacks
- Avoiding things
- Trouble sleeping
- Dizziness or light headedness
If you would like to find out more about my counselling services, contact me by phone or email.